Thursday, July 3, 2008

Ground Control to Animal Disco

The laptop says it's 00:53. I'm in bed with a magazine and two newspapers and the work for the week is done. Hurrah. I've just treated myself to episode four of Summer Heights High and the only reason I've been tempted to blog at this hour is so that a certain Scouse expat can wake up (hopefully without a tight throat...) and smell the coffee. Dollface is ready for battle again.

I caused murder at the Animal Disco when I admitted to buying the Daily Mail occasionally. Ha. I love a good fight. And now that I've learned to share links (yay) maybe we can spread a little...unhappiness?

So what have I been up to? Is anyone interested? I'm wondering whether my time spent blogging (or not) would be better served writing a play/novel/film. Hmm. My daughter turned 18. That was fantastic. My son wants a dog. That will be a no. And my new stainless steel worktops are beautiful and mean I will have to stay home forever (basically because I can't afford to do anything else now...) and learn to cook and polish them until my hands are raw. Wait now, that might be far too white, middle class ladies who lunch for a certain commenter at the Animal Disco. If that doesn't make sense, see the previous link and go to the I Love David post.

I'm sure I've been doing lots of other exciting things too. Oh yeah, today I had a traumatic experience involving a smear test and an incompetent nurse. Does that count and is it too much information. Like I care...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The animal disco clock says it's 10.35am and my head tells me I'm badly hungover - but look, she's back! Better than a cup of tea and a paracetamol.

I've told your son he can have a dog after all. Fight? Sorry about the smear, but I'm sure your new worktops are helping you deal admirably with the post-traumatic stress. And by the way, you can write a play/novel/film AND blog at the same time - use your time wisely, and you can even fit in time for your Daily Mail.

Ace to have you back. Will send CJ your way soon ...

xxx