Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Rowche Rumble...or the dust has sent me mad...

Many days have passed since my last post and I've even had a telling off from The Animal Disco. Although I prefer to think of it as a gentle nudge in the right direction. Last time I wrote there was work shit and I put myself at the mercy of Mark E Smith to provide a much needed cheering up. He never fails...and you never know what will happen. Actually this time at the Academy in Liverpool he was very well behaved, swinging between three mikes and generally unable to stop fiddling with nobs that I'm sure he should have left alone.

So, the work mood settled and the builders came in. I developed an itch with the dust which is still keeping me awake at night. Highly unusual for someone who sleeps through earthquakes normally. Add to this the short lived delight at winning £500 worth of teeth whitening products. Off I went to the dentist...had the mould made...wore it to bed that night...so far, so good. However...and you knew it was coming...the next day I was the most miserable get imaginable. Teeth ached all day. Like a low level torture. And I thought I had a high pain threshold. Not so. I will live will my not so pearly whites.

Can't say I've even been inclined to seek out any culture lately. Maybe I'm over it. Maybe looking at several thousand kitchen brochures has dulled my cultural senses. Is it just me or does anyone else feel like we have too much choice these days.

And why is it called the Carphone Warehouse? Do you know anyone who has a carphone?

1 comment:

Melissa said...

There, that's better! You respond very well to gentle nudges. Now all's well with the world again. Sorry to hear about the oral calamity, though - but surely we're worth it?

Can't comment on Mark E Smith - he scares me. Kitchen catalogues are about all the culture I can take.

And why is it called the Co-op? They never cooperate with me when I'm begging for gin on the never-never.