Monday, June 2, 2008

I'd rather be...sunning myself in Majorca than watching Sir Paul

I'm sorry. But it's true. Aside from the fact I never had or wanted tickets, a weekend in Port de Soller was booked in long ago. And no amount of hype was going to get me to change my mind. God, the thought didn't even cross my mind. Hello...listening to Sir Paul and whatever special guests or staying in a fancy hotel for the 40th birthday of the campest women I know (besides myself and the Animal Disco, of course)? No contest. And you should see her husband. He's even camper than she is. What's not to like?

Upon my return I find rave reviews that bang on about Sir Paul opening with Hippy Hippy Shake, followed by...you know, I can't remember. I'd lost interest by then. What's the bet that throughout the week my mates who did go try and convince me it was stunning, magical, best thing they've see so far during 2008 blah, blah, boring blah. Nope. Not convinced. Rather stick needles in my eyes.

But fear not those of you lacking in a bit of Capital Culturelness...I will go to the Klimt exhibition and you can bet your last pound I'll be down to those new shops very very soon.

All together...1, 2, 3...For Goodness sake...get a grip.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that you chose Port de Soller over seeing me dad play live! Mind you, if the birthday girl really is as camp as you say she is, I don't blame you. Anyway, you didn't miss much - he didn't even play 'Paint It Black', let alone 'Ferry Across the Murky'.