Monday, April 28, 2008

I blame you lot...

I mean let's face it...it's not like I wasn't seeking fame and fortune when I started this blog. Okay, maybe that's taking its time coming but faint comment never won fair heart...or something. You get the gist. What's a girl to do when she blogs on every other day and no bugger has left a comment? Not even the Lovely Boyfriend. You know who you are. I mean it's getting embarrassing. Especially when I get quizzed on the radio about this very blog, have to bear the cross for Kirkby girls everywhere (or just in Kirkby) and for what? Silence. Is it any wonder I resort to cleaning, general fannying around and wondering when we're going to get to the bottom of who Amy Winehouse butted and why?

And to top it off it seems The Sultan's Elephant may not be coming to Liverpool after all and I have been led a merry dance. If anyone can shed any light on this, please do. It's at risk of being a Capital of Culture let down. Or maybe the elephant ate Ringo's head and has been banned from entering God's own city at all. Hmm.

Otherwise my head has been getting wrecked by work, total cunts and new kitchens. And then soothed by an excellent I Am Kloot gig and some good old fashioned juvenile humour.

So pull out your typing finger and let me know what you think. I did.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I consider myself well and truly told off, in the way that only a true Kirkby girl can manage it. But what are we getting yelled at for? Excuse me, but some of us don't get to hear Scouse FM. Some of us keep coming back here time and again, only to end up wondering if you're dead or alive (in the true sense of the words, not the fabulous Pete Burns way). Then some of us who do manage to blog more than once every six months get stalked! Blimey! What's a soppy southern girl (yes, the reinvention has worked) to do???

Anyway, that's my return rant over. It's fab to see you back and on form, Dollface! Great use of the c-word too. Sorry to hear about The Sultan's Elephant - personally, I'm wondering what's happened to 'Erics - The Musical'. If you can enlighten me, I'd much appreciate it. As for Amy Winehouse - it was me she butted. She accused me of trying to copy her hair ...

boyfriend said...

I'm just the boyfriend so no comment; even when so rudely provoked.

Anonymous said...

"What's a girl to do when she blogs on every other day." KirkbyGirl asks, before berating us for our lack of support. So we do what she says, and what happens? "Every other day" must have a completely different meaning up north ...

Meanwhile, her soppy southerner mate slogs away in the kitchen, making Soap/Waltons comparisons on an almost hourly basis, and what does the mate get in return? The airwaves superstar treats the Animal Disco like a bloody hotel! Come on, KirkbyGirl - get your finger out!

(Okay, you clearly have a life, whereas I have waaay too much time on my hands. So get writing, and allow me to live vicariously!!!)

xxx